Hello my readers, both new and those who have followed me here from my now retired, but still available, sewing blog. Here is a personal update.
- Well what do you know?
- I have cancelled three flights in the last year to see my boys in the US
- But was there in the fall and be back in the spring
- That’s all there is to say about that
- So where have I been?
- Sewing for family all over the place and sending it out
- Packing tape
- You know I think if they can figure out a way to find the end of tape on a roll
- That person should get a Noble Prize
- Also been writing
- When you can’t go anywhere in your body you might as well go somewhere in your head
- Getting better at it I hope
- Takes time
- Things happen like a character showed up the other night
- Where did this guy come from?
- Not sure if I trust him
- A hurdle for me is the bad stuff
- I am personally not a murderer
- But I am discovering my past life working with politicians is helpful
- Best things of this year
- Got to say it is this cat
- A rescue we got on a whim
- Also because one night when I was along four mice ran across the floor
- They are long gone
- My old damaged rescue dog Daisy
- Freed from the puppy mill
- And I am sure friendless most of her life
- Has bonded to this cat
- They play every night, sleep together, groom each other
- When a miracle happens in your living room
- You really have to pay attention
- Down the street from me there is a giant magnolia tree in someone’s yard
- What business does an extravagant magnolia have to do living in Nova Scotia?
- When it blooms we can’t believe it
- Does it know where it is?
- The other day I was walking in the ice and snow and wondering when it would all end
- I walked by that tree and noticed that it was covered in buds
- Grey fuzzy bundles on its bare branches, like Pussy Willows
- Is it supposed to do that?
- But then I thought
- That tree is adapting and it remembers
- That the flowers of last summer
- Are coming back this year
- I mailed my last two packages yesterday
- A pair of pants to one sister
- ‘And four tops to another
- Dropped off a cardigan to a granddaughter
- Today I am going to see why this character showed up
- And write a description
- Of a press secretary who once yelled at me in a hall, backed me up to a wall
- He might finally get what he deserves today
- And he’ll never know
- In my breaks I am going to start my summer sewing
- For myself
- Because when it comes
- I need something new to wear
4 thoughts on “Flypaper thoughts Valentine’s Day version”
Good to see your flypaper thoughts again!
I second that
Attach a plastic bread clip to end of packing tape when finished using-easy to find end next time. Here in New Zealand they are what closes the bags that bread is sold in.
The cat/dog alliance is the best news ever.